Earlier this month we covered SBI’s Plans on how to expand the Retail Credit Card portfolio. In continuation of the same strategy, SBI Cards has launched Click2Card Online Credit Card Application facility for prospective credit card consumers.
What is Click2Card e-Application ?
Like other banks, SBI wants to take the process of application and approval of credit cards online for customer convenience. Of-course, Paper-work like PAN Card, Know Your Customer will follow. The advantage here is if you are a high profile customer with good credit track record, chances are high that your application will be approved online. Currently you can apply online for any of the following cards, [Eligibility is not prescribed by SBI, we are doing it on our experience to choose the right one]
- Signature Card – For professionals / Businessmen with Minimum Income of Rs 12,00,000 on IT Returns
- Platinum Card – Professionals / Businessmen with Income of atleast Rs 8,00,000 as per their IT
- Railway Card – For frequent travelers using IRCTC portal
- Gold Card – For Normal Citizens with employment and constant income
- Yatra Card – For frequent travelers wanting to gain points / miles
Who Should use SBI Click2Card Online Application?
NOT everyone will get Instant Online Approval, thus we strongly suggest that if you meet the following requirements, only then you must take the online route
- Must have a PAN Card
- Should have Payment Track Record of one Loan [Car, Bike, Home, Personal, etc] or credit card in good standing. Having this record will mean, you have good CIBIL / Credit History, thus enabling SBI to pull your CIBIL or Experian Credit Report / Score and take an instant decision on your application
- Income Tax returns to justify your income / Salary Slips for Employees of Companies
Also note that sometimes, your credentials may not be completely verified online and during such issues, normal offline application processing will happen but you can still track the status of your application online here. SBI reserves the right to cancel your allotted card if you fail to justify the information provided online or if you are unable to meet their requirements.
SBi is quite late in embracing Technology, but sure it has realized the importance and slowly getting to meet the expectations of next generation customers.